Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The First Time I Saw Her! Love at first sight if ever there was one!



It was October 2007 and I was in the process of selling my 1971 Dodge 270 Travco that we had just spent the last 10 months restoring back to its original condition. It was a labor of love for sure but it was time to move onto something bigger. It's not like I didn't enjoy the Travco, I did. It was a great coach, however when I saw the Foretravel posted on Craigs List for an astonishing $7500 including tow dolly I had to go see it. Well, this is where the story begins. Parked there in front of the owners house it was magnificent to say the least.
On the way there to look at the coach we hadn't even considered the expense (even though not a bad price at all) of another coach. We were just getting ready to start new jobs, had just moved to a temperary living situation and the last thing we needed was yet another coach. That was the thought on the way there to see the coach first hand.
We got there, rounded the corner of the house of the previous owner, camera in hand to just take pictures and save to my huge collection of vintage coaches when whatever previous thoughts we had suddenly vanished.




No comments: