Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"Harriett" comes home October 2007


There aren't words that can express how I felt this day. Either of us. I for one can remember having the brochure as a child of the Foretravel 1978 units. I would have been about 9 years old and I got it in the mail after submitting that "more info" card in the back of the Motorhome Life magazine when I was a kid. That was 30 years ago. It kindof took a while to acheive that dream but it's sitting in the driveway now with the help of God.


We arrive at the storage lot Sammy and his wife, Harriett not too far behind. We pull up to the coach and I start to get a little overwhelmed. Here it is. Just as awesome as it was the first time we saw it now almost two weeks ago at that point.


We pulled up to the house. Neighbors gawking due in part the previous weeks fiasco of people coming and going with looking and test driving the Travco almost constantly. Now here sits the fruits of our labor. Although you must admit, those older Foretravels had one hell of a front cap!

No comments: